Baird Harper’s fiction has appeared in Playboy, Glimmer Train Stories, Tin House, Prairie Schooner, StoryQuarterly, The Chicago Tribune, Mid-American Review, Another Chicago Magazine, CutBank, Carve, and Printers Row Journal. His stories have been anthologized in the 2009 and 2010 editions of Best New American Voices, New Stories from the Midwest 2016, and 40 Years of CutBank, and have won the 2014 Raymond Carver Short Story Contest, the 2010 Nelson Algren Award, and the 2009 James Jones Fiction Contest. His first book, Red Light Run, was published by Scribner in 2017 and was a Barnes & Noble Discover Great New Writers Selection.
- Beginning Fiction: The Short Story
- Beginning Fiction: Basics of Narrative Design
- Advanced Fiction Workshop: Inner Logic
- Advanced Fiction Workshop: Killing Cliché
- Thesis & Special Projects Workshop
- “What Are You Thinking About Right Now,” Playboy, 2018.
- Red Light Run, Scribner, 2017.
- “Patient History,” New Stories from the Midwest, 2016.
- “My Thoughts While Cooling Down on the Hotel Veranda,” Chicago Tribune, 2010.
- “Intermodal,” Best New American Voices, 2010.
- “Yellowstone,” Best New American Voices, 2009.